- [link] 2.5 months – [most recent] buried-river-flood-source : Saving the client $100-200,000 + $millions in avoided future liabilities at a flood control construction site.
- [link] 4.0 weeks – 1-4cm-flaw : Solving 6-year-old manufacturing flaw (decision error). mm pressings of a pencil nib producing cardboard pattern creep = flaws endangering the life of a customer alone in the Arctic.
- [link] 2.0 months – 5-zero-pattern-clue : Recovering $millions in lost assets over the first 90 days of a new task – by noticing a shifting 5-zero pattern in spreadsheet printouts.
B) (2017-2022) “PROXIMITY of DESIRE” (“POD”)
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/davehuer_new-1-page-proximity-of-desire-proximity-activity-6886057621225250816-H7tq/ & https://www.linkedin.com/posts/davehuer_new-1-page-proximity-pricing-explainer-activity-6886057621225250816-1iWv
The assets that deliver Nature’s services are most often public real property managed by government. It is hard to assign market-equivalent valuations of public property, so as to develop the ability to calculate costs and return-on-investment targets; and to develop defensible validations of the value-for-money that could be obtained by spending money to sustain access to the services. This is hard because public property is not taxed so there is no valuation history.
The “Proximity of Desire” valuation sequence was developed to develop market-equivalent valuation histories for public property. This is the tying of value of services delivered to residents and property owners by public assets (such as a park) to the market desire to obtain those services; using proximity of private assets to public assets to put a tax-equivalent price on public assets. This can range from the smallest village to States-Party and internationally-shared resources which are managed by all sovereigns but owned by none.
The method arises from a first principles’ re-think about the nature of the nature of fences and boundaries in the common law. POD uses human desire for proximity to public assets (park, library, service centre, installation, etc.) as a means of valuation; the price and cost data is then matched to type of NCA x tax assessments’ along time series.
“Ecological Accounting Process” (EAP) Metrics Framework = Desire of proximity to “Natural Commons Assets” (NCA) (parks, creeks, rivers, etc.)
- Co-Author, EAP Primer: (First Edition, Jan 2019) [Link]
- Kilmer Creek Cost-Benefit Analysis: EAP Applied to the Regional District of North Vancouver’s redevelopment assessment [Link]
- Contributions’ examples (First phase analyses at Duncan, BC & Courtenay/Comox, BC). This is the Koksilah (Duncan, BC) study: [Link1of8] [Link2of8] [Link3of8] [Link4of8] [Link5of8] [Link6of8]
- Mitigating Flood Risk in Koksilah Industrial Area by noticing presence of underground river underneath construction site, in data-flows in my imagination (see “A” buried-river-flood-source [link])
- ProxP uses POD and is for private ESG valuation activities. The method can be used in any country and sub-jurisdiction. [updated Link].
- Respondents and Collaborators mentioned not realizing that these calculations can be two-directional (ie. reverse-calculated by starting at “y” or “x”) or help to create sustainable circular continuous improvement mechanisms. See this [Link] to read a 1-pager with diagram that ought to be helpful (this is the link at “B”, above)..
C) (2019-20) NEW FRAMEWORKS FOR ESG INVESTMENT
- Independent Accounting Innovation: An equation to calculate the financial $value of voter desires expressing la voix populaire – the popular will: [Link7of8] [Link8of8]
- Watershed Aboiteaux: Proposing the use of reverse-engineered low-profile cascades of aboiteaux to capture upland surface water flows into local catchment areas, by slowing water flows (ex. edge of fields, etc.). Aboiteaux are part of an ancient sluice/dyke system used in colonial Acadia (now Nova Scotia) to recapture salt marsh fields for agriculture: [Link].
- approx 1.0 month : Getting our certified product into EU’s highly regulated National Security/Public Safety market – simply changing the name to get regulator approval [ Re-certification cost: $0]
- approx 1.5 months : Figuring out how to ship Canadian goods into Europe from Canada as French local mail [20-40% forecast cut to air freight costs]
- approx 1.5 months : Stealthy method to get inexpensive, drip-drip-drip, high-profile mobile advertising on Royal Navy bases…without UK competitors knowing [ $1000 split with dealers = our cost = $500 x 5-year product life = $100/year per base]
- by end of 4-months : We didn’t do the mail. Instead, during the mail-freight re-mapping process, discovering that we could flat-pack like IKEA does [Cutting Average Freight Package Volume by 33%]
- by end of 4-months : We didn’t do the product placement advertising. The owner changed direction, minimizing new activities in EU.
– end –