Step-by-step details of problem-solving during daily duties
- 2.5 months – [most recent] buried-river-flood-source : Saving the client $100-200,000 + $millions in avoided future liabilities at a flood control construction site. ** See also Ecological Accounting Process (EAP) contributions for the Partnership for Water Sustainability in BC, (at bottom of page).
- 4.0 weeks – 1-4cm-flaw : Solving 6-year-old manufacturing flaw (decision error). mm pressings of a pencil nib producing cardboard pattern creep = flaws endangering the life of a customer alone in the Arctic.
- 2.0 months – 5-zero-pattern-clue : Recovering $millions in lost assets over the first 90 days of a new task – by noticing a shifting 5-zero pattern in spreadsheet printouts.
Business development – during a jack-of-all-trades Customer Service role
4-month project : business-development to expand presence in UK/Europe at low cost
- approx 1.0 month : Getting our certified product into EU’s highly regulated National Security/Public Safety market – simply changing the name to get regulator approval [ Re-certification cost: $0]
- approx 1.5 months : Figuring out how to ship Canadian goods into Europe from Canada as French local mail [ 20-40% forecast cut to air freight costs]
- approx 1.5 months : Stealthy method to get inexpensive, drip-drip-drip, high-profile mobile advertising on Royal Navy bases…without UK competitors knowing [ $1000 split with dealers = our cost = $500 x 5-year product life = $100/year per base]
- by end of 4-months : We didn’t do the mail. Instead, during the mail-freight re-mapping process, discovering that we could flat-pack like Ikea does [Cutting Average Freight Package Volume by 33%]
- by end of 4-months : We didn’t do the advertising. Managers decided to minimize new activities in the market.
(2017-18) Project contributions for Ecological Accounting Process (EAP)
- Co-Author, EAP Primer (First Edition, Jan 2019) [Link]
- Contributions’ examples [Link1of8] [Link2of8] [Link3of8] [Link4of8] [Link5of8] [Link6of8] [Link7of8] [Link8of8]